The Montessori approach has been embraced by many celebrities, who have chosen to send their children to Montessori schools. Some of the well-known celebrities who have followed Montessori schools include:
- Jeff Bezos: Founder of Amazon and the world’s richest person, Bezos attended a Montessori school in Texas.
- Julia Child: Famous chef, author, and TV personality, Child’s son attended a Montessori school in California.
- Beyoncé: Grammy-winning singer, songwriter, and actress, Beyoncé attended a Montessori school in Houston.
- George Clooney: Oscar-winning actor, director, and producer, Clooney attended a Montessori school in Kentucky.
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez: Nobel Prize-winning author, Marquez sent his children to Montessori schools in Mexico City.
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin: Co-founders of Google, both Page and Brin attended Montessori schools in Michigan.
- Katharine Graham: Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and publisher of The Washington Post, Graham’s children attended a Montessori school in Washington D.C.
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis: Former First Lady of the United States, Onassis sent her children to a Montessori school in New York City.
- Prince William and Kate Middleton: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the royal couple sent their children to a Montessori school in London.
- Helen Keller: Activist, author, and lecturer, Keller attended a Montessori school as a child and later became a Montessori teacher herself.
These celebrities are just a few examples of the many people who have embraced the Montessori approach as a valuable educational method for children.